Our 4-ply DK yarn is 85% extra fine merino and 15% nylon (and superwash, too) -- so it's a great choice for making thicker, cushy socks that are ridiculously soft while holding up to wear.
Our Confetti Cake colorway looks like a slice of funfetti fluffy white cake. We've dyed it so that the five colors we use distribute themselves rather evenly throughout, so while it has an organic feel (like, say, a slice of cake) it is not going to have big pooling moments.
Created by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed, because we steam-set them and then wash and rinse each one thoroughly.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Laid Edges -- FREE Sock knitting pattern from by Kellie Macpherson on Ravelry
- Jodi -- Shawl / Wrap knitting pattern from Joji Locatelli on Ravelry
- Goldberry -- Shawl / Wrap crochet pattern from Michele DuNaier
ABOUT THE YARN:
- 100 grams / 246 yards (225 meters)
- 4-ply DK-Weight Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 3.5 - 4.5mm (US 4 - 7) needles and E-G Hook
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 22sts x 30 rows over 10cm/4 inches on 4mm (US 6) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.
This is my first time to use Global Backyard’s bulky yarn and I love it. The 100% Superwash Merino Wool is so soft and has a beautiful natural sheen. At first I thought the yarn would be slippery, like silk yarns; but to my delight it was not slippery and just so easy to work with. I will definitely continue to support Global Backyard. P.S. I have also used their sock yarn base and that is also a dream to use. You will not be disappointed. I look forward to my future yarn selections and projects with both yarn bases. Thank you Global Backyard!
I will be pairing this skein with other skeins for a Stephen West shawl this spring. The base is wonderful and I will enjoy knitting with it again..