We are always striving to find the silver lining in everything, and this collection of fingering weight yarn pays homage to that philosophy. Made up of three lightly variegated silver grays -- each one reminds us that stormy days always pass. This trio includes one twisted hank of Cloud Cover (the lightest shade), Incoming Rain (the medium silver), and Thunderclap (serious storm imminent!) -- for over 1,300 yards of yarn.
The extrafine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. It's blended with a bit of nylon for extra durability -- perfect for long-wearing projects like gloves and socks. Together, they would make for a beautiful shawl project. Two sets would create an amazing, neutral sweater.
Dyed by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Copenhagen Cowl -- free crochet pattern (with video!) from Fiber Flux
- Edison Park one-hank asymmetric shawl -- free knitting pattern from Stitches n Scraps
- Silver Lining Shawl — free crochet pattern from Stitches n Scraps
ABOUT THE YARN:
- Each hank is 100 grams / 400 meters (437 yards)
- 4ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle (US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G)
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing free.