This fingering-weight three-skein set includes Autumn Days, Spicy Brown Mustard, and Fall Forest. They are hand-dyed in bands of color, including oranges, yellows, browns, and greens, which flow into one another along the length of the fiber. You can make something extra-special with this lovely yarn.
The extra-fine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. It's blended with a bit of nylon for extra durability -- perfect for long-wearing projects like gloves and socks. These colors would also look amazing as a sweater (planning for next year's Rhinebeck, anyone?).
Created by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed, because we steam-set them and then wash and rinse each one thoroughly.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Flatiron Shawl --free crochet pattern from Toni Lipsey
- Wanderlust Wrap -- knitting pattern from Tif Neilan
- So Faded Sweater -- knitting pattern from Andrea Mowry
ABOUT THE YARN:
- 100 grams / 400 meters (437 yards) per skein; the three-skein set contains 1,311 yards
- 4-ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle (US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G)
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.
This is my first time to use Global Backyard’s bulky yarn and I love it. The 100% Superwash Merino Wool is so soft and has a beautiful natural sheen. At first I thought the yarn would be slippery, like silk yarns; but to my delight it was not slippery and just so easy to work with. I will definitely continue to support Global Backyard. P.S. I have also used their sock yarn base and that is also a dream to use. You will not be disappointed. I look forward to my future yarn selections and projects with both yarn bases. Thank you Global Backyard!
I will be pairing this skein with other skeins for a Stephen West shawl this spring. The base is wonderful and I will enjoy knitting with it again..