This squishy, 2-ply bulky yarn looks as good as it sounds. It is a creamy tonal butterscotch hue that pairs nicely with several of our other colorways.
This 100% extra-fine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. You'll be able to easily create beautiful and lush winter hats and scarves, and because it's bulky-weight yarn, it will be a quick project, too.
Created by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed, because we steam-set them and then wash and rinse each one thoroughly.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Lark Beanie -- Crochet pattern by AlyseCrochet
- Chunky Granny Shrug -- Crochet pattern by Rove Handmade
- She's So Lucky Vest -- Knitting pattern by Is Knit
ABOUT THE YARN:
- Each hank is 100 grams / 100 meters (109 yards)
- 2-ply Deluxe SuperChunk Bulky weight yarn
- 100% Superwash Extrafine Merino Wool (19.5 micron)
- Hand wash in cool water/dry flat
- Recommended needle size: US 9 - 10 (5.5 - 6mm) needles / Crochet I - J
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 15sts x 20 rows over 10cm (4 inches) on 6mm (US 10) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.
This is my first time to use Global Backyard’s bulky yarn and I love it. The 100% Superwash Merino Wool is so soft and has a beautiful natural sheen. At first I thought the yarn would be slippery, like silk yarns; but to my delight it was not slippery and just so easy to work with. I will definitely continue to support Global Backyard. P.S. I have also used their sock yarn base and that is also a dream to use. You will not be disappointed. I look forward to my future yarn selections and projects with both yarn bases. Thank you Global Backyard!
I will be pairing this skein with other skeins for a Stephen West shawl this spring. The base is wonderful and I will enjoy knitting with it again..