Shibori is a Japanese resist dyeing technique that has been practiced for thousands of years, and is the inspiration for this yarn.
The bands of white on the deep inky blue knits or crochets up as distributed white dots throughout a project, leading to what we think is a very cool effect.
This extrafine merino wool (19.5 microns) is almost as soft as cashmere and is a joy to use and wear. Deliciously bulky, one hank will make a fast hat, cowl or pair of fingerless gloves.
Dyed by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Lark Beanie -- crochet pattern from AlyseCrochet
- MITRA Hat -- knitting pattern from Shellie Anderson
- Swirling Snowflakes Beanie — free knitting pattern from Stitches n Scraps
- Chunky Lace Twist Headband — free crochet pattern from Fiber Flux (video tutorial!)
ABOUT THE YARN:
- Each hank is 100 grams / 100 meters (109 yards)
- 2-ply Deluxe SuperChunk Bulky weight yarn
- 100% Superwash Extrafine Merino Wool (19.5 micron)
- Hand wash in cool water / dry flat
- Recommended needle size: 5.5 - 6mm (US 9 - 10) needles / Crochet I - J
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 15sts x 20 rows over 10cm (4 inches) on 6mm (US 10) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing free.