This luxe yarn looks as good as it sounds. It is roughly two-thirds speckled custard mixed with about one-third caramelized sugar. This design makes assigned pooling projects easy or will knit or crochet up normally with pretty little hits of color throughout. Super fun and yet elegant, too. It coordinates nicely with several of our other colorways and could be a wonderful choice for a fade project.
A limited quantity is ready to ship now.
The extra-fine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. It's blended with a bit of nylon for extra durability -- perfect for long-wearing projects like fingerless gloves, scarves, and socks.
Created by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed, because we steam-set them and then wash and rinse each one thoroughly.
Would you like this colorway in DK or Bulky? You can pre-order them for shipping by the end of November.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Soho Orchid -- free assigned pooling knitting pattern by Zuzana
- Pop Shawl -- assigned pooling knitting pattern by Dawn Barker
- Crescent Puff -- assigned pooling crochet pattern by Knitting Fairy Godmother
- Sock Arms -- a non-assigned pooling knitting pattern works wonderfully with this yarn, too, and Creme Brulee would be perfect as the sleeves in this pattern (it will look like organic stripes when knitting it up...pair with our Butterscotch as the body color for a knock-out look). Pattern by Stephanie Lotven.
Need to understand what assigned pooling is? "How to Crochet in the "Assigned Pooling method" by J Hook Crochet provides a great explanation to both crocheters and knitters alike.
ABOUT THE YARN:
- 100 grams / 400 meters (437 yards)
- 4-ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle (US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G)
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.
This is my first time to use Global Backyard’s bulky yarn and I love it. The 100% Superwash Merino Wool is so soft and has a beautiful natural sheen. At first I thought the yarn would be slippery, like silk yarns; but to my delight it was not slippery and just so easy to work with. I will definitely continue to support Global Backyard. P.S. I have also used their sock yarn base and that is also a dream to use. You will not be disappointed. I look forward to my future yarn selections and projects with both yarn bases. Thank you Global Backyard!
I will be pairing this skein with other skeins for a Stephen West shawl this spring. The base is wonderful and I will enjoy knitting with it again..