This luxe yarn looks as good as it sounds. It is roughly two-thirds speckled custard mixed with about one-third caramelized sugar. This design makes assigned pooling projects easy or will knit or crochet up normally with pretty little hits of color throughout. Super fun and yet elegant, too. It coordinates nicely with several of our other colorways and could be a wonderful choice for a fade project.
A limited quantity is ready to ship now.
The extra-fine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. It's blended with a bit of nylon for extra durability -- perfect for long-wearing projects like fingerless gloves, scarves, and socks.
Created by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed, because we steam-set them and then wash and rinse each one thoroughly.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Soho Orchid -- free assigned pooling knitting pattern by Zuzana
- Pop Shawl -- assigned pooling knitting pattern by Dawn Barker
- Crescent Puff -- assigned pooling crochet pattern by Knitting Fairy Godmother
- Need to understand what assigned pooling is? We think this video by J Hook Crochet called "How to Crochet in the "Assigned Pooling" method" provides a great explanation to both crocheters and knitters alike.
ABOUT THE YARN:
- 100 grams / 400 meters (437 yards)
- 4-ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle (US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G)
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.
I love the colours and the texture of the yarn - will definitely keep on supporting you all
I love this yarn so much that I made a scarf with it last winter and wanted to make it longer. I went back to the website for more and I was so happy to see it was available. It is soft, will not itch or cause me rashes and so warm. The colors are bright and beatiful. I totally recomend it.
Egg Cup Sock Yarn -- Hand Dyed Merino Wool Blend
I bought this to mend a Woollen blanket that had been attacked by moths. Even though the weight is still a little heavy (the blanket is knitted with VERY fine yarn) the color variegation makes the repairs “ disappear”. It has a beautiful hand and would make wonderful garments.
These simple hexagon stitch markers seem to elevate my knitting, and make me smile! Lovely! Also, I love my shibori skein of indigo/white merino, and am in the middle of making a hat. Beautiful order, thank you!
This yarn is gorgeous, soft and exactly what I needed. It came promptly as I ordered it Friday and it came on Monday. I will be ordering more. Thank you!