This fingering weight yarn is a soft tonal whose color almost defies description. It is on the yellow spectrum, most certainly, but also has a bit of peachy orange to it. The best we can come up with is mango cream (and actually, our sister brainstormed that descriptor). Whatever you think it should be called -- it's a lovely shade.
A 4-ply extrafine merino wool, it is also blended with a bit of nylon for durability. At 19.5 microns, the wool is almost as soft as cashmere. One hank will make a pair of socks with extras leftover, or grab a couple of hanks and create a perfect summer tee or tank.
Dyed in our Pacific Northwest home studio with professional commercial dye that won't fade or bleed.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Summer Stream Tee -- free crochet pattern from Grace Forthefrills
- So Summer Shirt -- knitting pattern from Jessie Maed Designs
- Leftover Sneaker -- free ankle sock knitting pattern from Anja Heumann
ABOUT THE YARN:
- 100 grams / 437 yards (400 meters)
- 4-ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 microns)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G (2.5 - 4mm needle)
Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.