It's yarn o'clock somewhere, and our Bejeweled Happy Hour Mini Kit is here to help you through. It comes with five different 20-gram skeins in fingering-weight sock yarn, all in complementary jewel-tone colors. It also includes a cocktail-themed removable stitch marker with real gold findings, and, just for fun: a cocktail umbrella. We tuck one into each kit so that you (or your bestie) can decorate your beverage of choice.
The extra-fine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. It's blended with a bit of nylon for extra durability -- perfect for long-wearing projects.
Created by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed, because we steam-set them and then wash and rinse each one thoroughly.
- Mini Skein Sampler Scarf -- free knitting pattern by Crystal Bergstrom
Ever True Socks -- knitting pattern by Kino Knits
- Sweet Chestnut Wrap -- free crochet pattern by Carmen Heffernan
ABOUT THE YARN:
- Colors in this kit include Dark Chocolate, Pub Mustard, 80's Teal, Carrot Cake, and Pretty in Pink
- 80 meters (87 yards) / 20 grams in each skein; the mini set has a total of 435 yards
- 4-ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle (US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G)
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.
I haven’t had time to knit with this yet, but I have a project in mind for this summer. This checks all the boxes for a shawl I have my eye on, and I know the base will be perfect because I’ve knit with it before!
Very soft yarn and pretty colors.
The Extrafine Merino Sock yarn is the softest, finest yarn I have worked with! I absolutely Love It!
This yarn was a joy to knit with and it washes up well too - no fading or pilling. I loved that the tonal color shifts add interest to the stockinette portions of the pattern but don't have enough contrast that they distract from the lace.
It's hard to find dyers that can certify that their wool is mulesing-free - I truly appreciate that Global Backyard takes the time to do this research and use ethically sourced yarn as their base. The dye job is beautiful - it's done in a small shop but using professional methods so the color doesn't rub off on your hands or fade in the wash.
This yarn is so soft - it feels like cashmere! I'm using it to knit socks because it has the nylon mixed in, which is a must! I love the subtle color changes in the Cherry Blossom colorway! I also reached out to the dyer, Gina, and she is absolutely wonderful!!