Link Love: 10 Favorites
Hope you've had a great week and are looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Or an exciting one. Or whatever it is you're hoping for. Sharing some fun stuff here for you.
2. Jen from KeenConsumer on how coloring changed her life: An inspirational article describing the positive impact coloring has had on her life. "I have been coloring for months now and I find my mind not running (as much) and I am just focusing on creating a beautiful, colorful picture," she says.
3. Sewist Betz White provides gorgeous color story photos: Blogger & sewer extraordinaire Betz White has a great post on color that might provide you with a starting place if you're picking out your palette for a piece.
Other fun DIY Projects
6. Lovely Indeed gives you a perfect Mom gift: She has a super cute tutorial for making Mother's Day art any Mom would (really) adore. She uses some plaques from Michael's (alternatively you can also get a six-pack of great wood boards from us on Amazon).
7. DIY Marimekko dish set project: Have you seen the new Marimekko collection at Target yet? I swung through the other day but didn't have time to get up and personal with it. From a distance there was some super cute stuff. Anyway. Mark Montano has put together a Marimekko DIY homage project, and shows you how to create your own dishes. Fun, right?
8. Amy Moss on Oh Happy Day watercolor walls: She has a beautiful watercolor painting project that even a non-artist can achieve. She calls it a paper backdrop (like for party decorations) but I could totally see these as an art piece for real life if you were to just put 'em in a frame or mount them on a board or canvas. Just lovely.
9. The Simon Says Stamp Blog card project: A stencil art card making project that is worthy; they are showing a new way to use stencils I've never thought of.
Feel Good Video
10. Elizabeth Gilbert TEDTalk: I ran across the Eat, Pray, Love author's video on creative genius and watched it again. Good stuff. "All of us "have" a genius," she says. Love that.