It's yarn o'clock somewhere, and our "Green with Envy" Happy Hour Mini Kit is here to help you through. It comes with five different 20-gram skeins in fingering-weight sock yarn, all in complementary green and yellow shades. It also includes a cocktail-themed removable stitch marker with real gold findings, and, just for fun: a cocktail umbrella. We tuck one into each kit so that you (or your bestie) can decorate your beverage of choice.
The extra-fine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. It's blended with a bit of nylon for extra durability -- perfect for long-wearing projects.
Created by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed, because we steam-set them and then wash and rinse each one thoroughly.
- Mini Skein Sampler Scarf -- free knitting pattern by Crystal Bergstrom
Ever True Socks -- knitting pattern by Kino Knits
- Sweet Chestnut Wrap -- free crochet pattern by Carmen Heffernan
ABOUT THE YARN:
- Colors in this kit include The MacBeth Martini, Green Tree Agate, Celadon Quail Eggs, Citron and Sage, and Honeycomb
- 80 meters (87 yards) / 20 grams in each skein; the mini set has a total of 435 yards
- 4-ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle (US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G)
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing-free.
This is my first time to use Global Backyard’s bulky yarn and I love it. The 100% Superwash Merino Wool is so soft and has a beautiful natural sheen. At first I thought the yarn would be slippery, like silk yarns; but to my delight it was not slippery and just so easy to work with. I will definitely continue to support Global Backyard. P.S. I have also used their sock yarn base and that is also a dream to use. You will not be disappointed. I look forward to my future yarn selections and projects with both yarn bases. Thank you Global Backyard!
I will be pairing this skein with other skeins for a Stephen West shawl this spring. The base is wonderful and I will enjoy knitting with it again..