Desert Sunset is dyed in layers of deep orange and rich brown -- the mix has created a lovely soft color that reminds us of the gorgeous twilight hours on our vacation to St. George, Utah. It will work up into a super soft, lightweight project.
The extrafine merino wool (19.5 microns) is especially cushy and feels great on sensitive skin. It's blended with a bit of nylon for extra durability -- perfect for long-wearing projects like gloves and socks.
Dyed by us in our home state of Washington using professional commercial dyes that won't fade or bleed.
Our guarantee: Love it or get your money back. Worried it won't look like the picture? Yeah, we get it. While hand-dyed yarn can vary slightly, we strive for something that looks just like what you're expecting. If you don't think so or you just don't like it, we accept returns within 30 days. And, If you paid for shipping the first time, we'll send you a free return label, too.
CAKE YOUR YARN:
Would you like your yarn in a center-pull cake? Add our caking service to your cart. Make sure to add a service for each hank you want caked!
- Lucky Penny Shawlette -- free crochet pattern (with video!) from Fiber Flux
- Copenhagen Cowl -- free crochet pattern (with video!) from Fiber Flux
- Edison Park one-hank asymmetric shawl -- free knitting pattern from Stitches n Scraps
ABOUT THE YARN:
- 100 grams / 400 meters (437 yards)
- 4ply Deluxe Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
- 85% Superwash Extrafine Merino (19.5 micron)
- 15% Nylon Yarn
- Hand Wash in cool water / Dry Flat
- Recommended Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle (US 1.5 - 6 needle / Crochet C-G)
- Gauge (stockinette stitch): 28sts x 36 rows over 4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
Note: The fibers used in our yarn base are produced and processed in ways that do not harm the animals or the environment. We only use yarn made from shorn or naturally shed wool that is certified as mulesing free.